When you grow up in the Midwest, bowling is as much a part of your life as tailgating and the Packers. When I saw that M∙A∙C was releasing the It’s A Strike Collection, I instantly felt a connection. That ability to release collections that are relatable to all is one of the things M∙A∙C does best.
The M∙A∙C It’s A Strike Collection pays homage to all things bowling with a cute and kitchy Pearlmatte Face Powder, new shades of Lipstick and Cremesheen Glass, Studio Nail Lacquers and more. What I love about this collection is that there are deep shades for Fall, yet wearable everyday neutrals too…in other words, this is a great transitional makeup collection. What I’m not sure about is the eyeshadows. With so many palettes being released, is anyone still buying single eyeshadow shades anymore?
Highlights of the M∙A∙C It’s A Strike Collection include:
Eye Shadow ($16) in
- Gutter Gal – off-white grey (matte)
- Bowlarama – bright lime green (satin)
- Bowl Out – mid-tone grey (matte)
- 300 Game – blackened cherry (matte)
- Join My League? – dark espresso (matte)
- Carbon – intense black (matte)
Pearlmatte Face Powder ($27) in Trophy – multi-colour (pearlmatte)
Lipstick ($17) in
- Honeylove – light beige toned with rose (matte)
- Flat Out Fabulous – bright plum matte (retro matte)
- All Fired Up – bright fuchsia matte (retro matte)
- Perfect Score – deep red (matte)
- Bowl Me Over – deep burnt brown (retro matte) (online exclusive)
- Liquid Lurex – tarnished gold (dazzle) [online exclusive]
- Babes and Balls – deep burgundy (matte) [online exclusive]
Cremesheen Glass ($21) in:
- It’s A Strike – soft nude pink
- King Pin – deep chocolate mauve
- Throw A Spare – fuchsia with pearl
- Right Up My Alley – deep red
- Spare Me – dark purple
Studio Nail Lacquer ($13) in:
- Rack ‘Em Up – cool deep khaki (cream)
- 5 Pin – deep wine (cream)
- Baby Split – sheer lime green (cream)
I was able to try several products from the It’s A Strike! Collection; the Pearlmatte Face Powder, Studio Nail Lacquer in 5 Pin, Cremesheen Glass in It’s A Strike and Lipstick in Honey Love (matte formula).
I’ve never tried the Pearlmatte Face Powder formula before; I’ve tried Beauty Powders, and this is definitely different. Pearlmatte isn’t “matte” at all; the powder is a combination of pearlized and satin shades for a luminous glow. You can see that effect just looking at the tablet in the compact; it’s beautiful. I love the Cremesheen Glass formula and if you’re looking for a beautiful blush-nude color, pick It’s A Strike up. Honey Love Lipstick is a fleshy beige color with a matte formula.
For Fall nails, don’t miss the Studio Nail Lacquer in 5 Pin. It’s a deep wine color with a cream finish. 5 Pin takes two coats for saturated coverage; the first coat was a bit streaky, but the second coat completely covers. This is my pick for Fall nails!
The M∙A∙C It’s A Strike Collection is available now in department stores, including Nordstrom and at maccosmetics.com. Pick your favorite league of colors and get in the game!