Twenty-four never-before, not-even-close to what you already have, shades of new M·A·C lipstick are out. For the creation of the Liptensity Lipstick Collection, M·A·C relied on the expertise of Maureen Seaberg…a kind of color savant. She has the ability to see up to 100 millions hues that the naked eye can’t.
The collaboration of Maureen Seaberg and M·A·C is like a perfect marriage. We’ve all been there with lipstick shades, wondering “is that like something I already own?” With M·A·C Liptensity Lipstick, the answer is no. The Liptensity Lipstick colors are unique…and they’re gorgeous. Fashion-forward shades, pretty neutrals, standout reds; there is a shade or two (or three!) for everyone.
I love this launch and have already found a ton of favorite shades. What I’ve found with wearing Liptensity Lipstick pretty much nonstop is that the finish is somewhere between a satin and a semi-matte. The lipstick is very comfortable on, with good staying power.
Although Liptensity Lipsticks have the same shape as Tendertalk Lip Balms (review), that’s where any similarity ends. These lipsticks are exquisitely pigmented, and the color intensity is true. That’s because M·A·C is using a completely new technology. Plus, the shade of the outside case is the exact same shade as the lipstick.
Not a criticism, but more a note on the the Liptensity shape–which is not that much different from the Dior Addict lipsticks. Using a lip brush will give you the most precise application. Because the colors of these lipsticks are so unique, I think it would have been nice to have the matching lipliners available, too.
The M·A·C Liptensity Lip Collection includes:
- Medium Rare – creamy soft pink
- Driftwood – soft lilac beige
- Doe – creamy neutral brown
- Smoked Almond – bright rose brown
- Toast And Butter – peachy cinnamon
- Cordovan – deep rose red
- Dionysus – deep plum
- Burnt Violet – dark plum
- Double Fudge – intense dark brown
- Stallion – deep black
- Blue Beat – deep dark blue
- Galaxy Grey – light bluish grey
- Hellebore – vibrant mid-tone purple
- Ambrosial – bright plum pink
- Marsala – deep magenta pink
- Claretcast – mid-tone magenta
- Eros – warm hot pink
- Life’s Blood – bright berry red
- Mulling Spices – burgundy brown-red
- Fireworks – vivid, bright red
- Habanero – vibrant orange-red
- Lobster – burnt orange
- Postmodern – amped pink coral
- Gumball – creamy blush pink
The limited-edition M·A·C Liptensity Lipstick Collection is available in department stores, including Nordstrom now. You can also purchase at maccosmetics.com. Do you think you’ll be trying any of the Liptensity Lipsticks?