The holiday season is the time of year cosmetic companies up their game. Now is when you’ll find the best holiday makeup palettes–in all sizes and configurations. Because holiday makeup palettes are usually limited editions, you’ll want to grab these right away.
I’ve been on a mission to find this season’s most beautiful holiday makeup palettes. I’ve seen these palettes up close and personal, and they’re all gift-worthy. While some of these palettes were picked with gift-giving in mind, others were selected knowing we’d be buying them for ourselves for creating the ultimate holiday look. After all, holiday parties await, and you want to shimmer and glow!
The Best Holiday Makeup Palettes for 2016 include:
1. The M·A·C Nutcracker Sweet Cool Eye Palette is a 9-pan eyeshadow palette with various finishes including shimmer, lustre and matte. The Sweet Cool Palette has excellent color payoff, and is composed of pink and plum shades. There are also Sweet Warm and Smoky Eye Palettes available. At $39.50, these palettes are a steal!
2. It wouldn’t be a holiday for me unless Bobbi Brown was under my tree. The Bobbi Brown ‘Party to Go’ Lip & Eye Palette ($42) has four coordinated neutral eyeshadows for a rose-gold look, plus a mini Lip Color in True Rose. Perfect size for tucking into a handbag or for travel.
3. The YSL Sparkle Clash Palette ($95) houses four eyeshadows in holiday shades of plum, gold, bronze and metallic rose, a highlighter and two lip colors (nude and red). This one will fly off the shelves, so be quick!
4. I love the Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Powders, so when I saw the Surreal Light Powder Palette ($80), I was immediately obsessed. If you have many of the individual powders like I do, this palette brings new, limited-edition shades housed in a gorgeous faux-marble case.
5. Too Faced always has their packaging game on point…especially around the holidays! This year’s Merry Macaron Palette ($39, ULTA Beauty exclusive) transports us to a New York ice-skating rink. The set includes 12 pretty eyeshadow shades, a deluxe sample of Better Than Sex Mascara and a Glamour Guide to help you create three looks.
6. From Marc Jacobs Beauty, the Object of Desire Palette ($69) is so elegant and has everything you need for a complete holiday look: six eyeshadows in neutral matte and shimmer finishes, plus a blush, bronzer and luminizer. I found the shades to be very wearable colors. Looks amazing in person…and the tassle adds just the right wow factor.
7. This is my one wishlist item…the Natasha Denona Star Eyeshadow Palette ($169). For a beauty girl, this is the holiday gift to get. The Star Eyeshadow Palette has a warm side and cool side, with 9 amazing eyeshadows for each tone. There are four finishes: Matte, Metallic, Crystal and Duo-Chrome for endless looks. Natasha Denona eyeshadow is known for its pigmentation and buttery soft blendability, so this palette is definitely a treat.
8. An easy gifting option, the Urban Decay Blackmail Vice Lipstick Palette ($35) takes flexibility to a new level. There are twelve super-pigmented Vice Lipstick shades, plus a retractable lip brush. You can mix and match the shades, or just have a wardrobe of colors to pick from. This one is a sure hit, no matter who receives it.
9. For someone that travels, the Chanel Travel Palette ($95) is all you need to pack for makeup. This palette includes 5 easy-to-wear eyeshadows, 5 lip shades (3 Glossimer/2 Lip Colour), a Joues Contraste Powder Blush–my favorite, Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Powder and a mini Inimitable Mascara. Who doesn’t want Chanel under the tree?
10. Christmas in Paris is what inspired Global makeup director Lisa Eldridge to create the Lancôme La Palette Des Rêves ($50). Six eyeshadows in matte and shimmer neutral shades are housed in a luxe gold case with pink ribbon. So festive!
Have you started your holiday shopping yet? Tell me what’s on your wishlist; I’d love to know what you have your eye on!