It used to be that beauty gifts from the drugstore (or discount retailer) didn’t have quite the cachet as a gift from a department store. No more! Drug/discount store beauty brands are leading the way with gift that we want find under the tree.
These are my “head-to-toe” favorite holiday drugstore or discount store gifts:
- For festive holiday nails and a great gift, I love the OPI Breakfast at Tiffany’s Love Notes set ($17.95). There are two full size OPI Nail Polishes (Can’t Read Without My Lipstick, a maroon cream) and Sunrise…Bedtime, a glittery pink that’s great as an accent or alone. The set also includes a “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” notebook. So ‘hand-y’!
- Since highlighting is one of the hottest beauty trends, the PUR Cosmetics Elevation Mini Highlighter & Cheek Palette ($15) is a makeup lover’s dream. This set includes a gorgeous highlighting palette, along with a quality fan brush. The colors can be worn by all complexions. This set is a nice size to take with you on the go, too.
- The Hard Candy ‘Wish For A Kiss’ set has six shimmering lip glosses packaged in a reuseable tin. At under $5.00, this set would make a great Secret Santa gift, stocking stuffer, or to have on hand as something “extra”. Look for it at Walmart.
- From e.l.f., when I saw the Blended Beauty Sponge Set ($15) it was one that I immediately thought of as a great gift. The set includes three full-size, latex-free beauty sponges for flawless makeup application. I like the shape of these beauty sponges, too. Buy two sets…keep one and gift one!
- The Best of Burt’s Bees Holiday Gift Set ($12) includes three of Burt’s Bees favorite hands and feet products: a full-sized Hand Cream, Foot Cream and Cuticle Cream. Know a nurse or someone that works on their feet? This would be a pampering option for them.
- Pacifica makes beautifully scented products, and when you give this Holiday Body Butter Duo Gift Set ($9.99) you’re giving someone the gift of a tropical island in a tube. The Body Butters are formulated with Shea and Mango Butter; they’re intensely moisturizing.
- The Venus & Olay Body Beauty Box ($9.99) is all about keeping skin hydrated. This set includes the Olay Ultra Moisture body wash, Venus & Olay Razor, Venus & Olay Vanilla Cashmere shave gel and Olay “Quench” Ultra Moisture Body Lotion. This set is such a good value, you might want to get a couple for yourself!
- The Flower Beauty Flowerful Color Kiss Collection Gift Set ($9.88) is amazing! The set includes 1 Mini Lip Chubby, 6-Pan Lip Palette, 2 Lip Glosses & 2 Lip Pencils in versatile, easy to wear shades. TheDrew Barrymore Flower Beauty line is so nice…no need to hesitate.
- The Pixi by Petra Ultimate Beauty Kit 3rd Ed. ($34) gives the beauty lover everything she needs to create endless looks. This tri-fold kit includes 40 Eye & Brow Shades, 3 Highlighters, 2 Bronzers, 2 Cheek Powders & 1 Contour Powder. I love an all-in-one kit like this for travel, but it’s practical for every day, too.
What gift sets have you seen in the drugstore (or discounters) caught your eye? Let me know!