As always, the beginning of Awards Season is a great predictor of upcoming trends, particularly in beauty and fashion. One trend that was evident was the color seen in the dresses on the red carpet. To pair with the colorful dresses, makeup artists went with the “No makeup makeup” look, paired with a nude or barely-there lip.
“No makeup makeup” is having a moment right now. Light foundation, a natural-looking eye and the nude lip. Nude lips aren’t anything new, of course, but they are the perfect complement to not detract from the focal point of the look. Some of the prettiest pink-nude lips I saw last night included:
- Nicole Kidman’s makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury used a lipstick she created just for her…Hot Lips Lipstick in Kidmans Kiss, a rose petal pink shade.
- Makeup Artist Mario Dedivanovic worked on Naomie Harris, and blended CHANEL Crayon de Colour Jumbo Longwear Lip Crayon in Nude and CHANEL Crayon de Colour Jumbo Longwear Lip Crayon in Rose Clair.
- Celebrity makeup artist Stephen Sollitto used Chantecaille’s Luminous Gloss in Coco to offset Amy Adams’ dramatic Tom Ford column gown. I also love the Lucky Brilliant Gloss.
- Celebrity makeup artist Leslie Lopez worked with Sarah Jessica Parker. To balance the strong eye look, she used Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Angelic.
- Gal Gadot’s makeup artist Sabrina Bedrani used Rouge Dior Lipstick in #219 Rose Montaigne (read my review of the Rouge Dior formula).
- Drew Barrymore wore Flower Beauty’s Color Proof Longwear Lip Crème in Dusty Rose.
- Blake Lively is always flawless on the red carpet. Her makeup artist, Kristopher Buckle applied new L’Oreal Paris Infallible Paints Lipcolor in Spicy Blush.
- Gina Rodriguez kept it natural with Clinique’s Pop Matte Lip Colour in Blushing Pop, a close match to her natural lipcolor, then topped with nude gloss. So pretty!
- I loved Janelle Monae’s Armani dress and subdued lip. The Covergirl wore a soft pinkish-nude lip, courtesy of Jessica Smalls, who used COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick in Delishious.
Do you have a favorite ‘nude lip’ product? I’d love to know your favorites!
Disclosure: Affiliate links have been used in the post.