The new Urban Decay X Jean-Michel Basquiat Collection is the perfect marriage of makeup and art. A street smart collection that blends Urban Decay’s way with color, and Jean-Michel Basquiat’s mixed mediums and graffiti. The result is a makeup collection that that is the definition of “beauty with an edge”.
The Urban Decay X Jean-Michel Basquiat Collection includes:
- Urban Decay Jean–Michel Basquiat Gold Griot Eyeshadow Palette features eight new neutral eyeshadows, blendable and wearable.
- Urban Decay Jean–Michel Basquiat Tenant Eyeshadow Palette is composed of bright shades, perfect for summer. This palette is one of my picks for Best Spring-Summer Palettes!
- Urban Decay Jean–Michel Basquiat Gallery Blush Palette–is a four-pan palette of two blushes, a bronzer and a highlighter. Love this!
- Urban Decay Jean–Michel Basquiat Vice Lipstick in three shades: Abstract (nude-taupe), Epigram (natural sienna), and Exhibition (medium pink-purple).
- Urban Decay Jean–Michel Basquiat 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils in Anatomy (sienna matte), Post Punk (bright neon green with a hint of pearl), and Vivid (bright teal matte).
- Urban Decay Jean–Michel Basquiat Cosmetic Bag Collection
My thoughts: The Urban Decay X Jean-Michel Basquiat Collection is/was an ambitious undertaking, to be sure. In terms of the products, although each of the Urban Decay X Jean-Michel Basquiat eyeshadow palettes are beautiful, it’s the unexpected bright shades of the Tenant Palette (above) that I am drawn to. In each palette, the consistency of the shadows is great; buttery, blendable, with great pigmentation. The 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils complete the look; perfect summer shades.
My favorite piece of the collection is the Urban Decay Jean–Michel Basquiat Gallery Blush Palette. The four shades include X-Rated (pink-rose), Now’s The Time Highlighter (champagne gold w/shimmer), Jawbone (medium bronze, matte) and NOHO (berry). This palette uses the Afterglow formula, known for it’s long-wear, which I love.
The Urban Decay X Jean-Michel Basquiat Collection is available now in various retailers, including Sephora, Ulta, select Macy’s stores, and UrbanDecay.com. Once you’re done with your palettes, there’s a hook on the back, so that you can hang each piece of artwork. Such a great idea!