Back in the 90’s, Clinique launched the original Happy fragrance as a feel-good way to lift our mood; now (thankfully) there’s an entire My Happy™ Collection designed to help us create our own scent story!
When I worked in Cosmetics, one of my favorite things was going to fragrance school. It was a day filled with learning and demos of the popular fragrances we were selling, including the notes that went into composing each fragrance, as well as suggestions on how to layer. Going through the My Happy Collection reminded me of those days.
The My Happy Collection is composed of six fragrances, designed to be mixed, matched and layered…or fly solo with one. It’s entirely up to you. The fragrances are designed to make you happy…and considering the turbulent times we’re living through, that’s great news to me!
The Clinique My Happy™ Collection includes:
- Peony Picnic: a romantic floral-fruity scent with notes of Peony, Plum, Amberwood, Vanilla
- Happy Splash: an uplifting scent with notes of Ruby Red Grapefruit, Bergamot, Chinese Magnolia
- Lily of the Beach: a carefree scent with notes of Bergamot, Sweet Solar Lily, Frangipani, Coconut, and Sandalwood
- Peace & Jasmine: like a 5 minute meditation with notes of soothing Jasmine, Mate Tea, Freesia, Lavender, Sicilian Lemon and Guaiacwood
- Blue-Sky Neroli: an optimistic fresh scent with Blue Sky Accord, Mandarin, Neroli, Orange Flower and Amberwood
- Cocoa & Cashmere: a blissful, cozy scent with notes of cocoa, vanilla, Golden Amber, musks. This one feels most like fall/winter to me.
I’m all about the layering and my favorite combination is the Blue-Sky Neroli and Happy Splash. Each fragrance stands all on it’s own, too. In terms of lasting power, that varies with your body chemistry, but I felt like I had about 5 hours of wear time on average. Cocoa & Cashmere was the most substantial of the fragrances on me.
Each My Happy scent comes in a .5 ounce bottle, and retails at $22, so definitely an affordable fragrance option. Mix and match these with what you already have in your fragrance wardrobe. Overall, I think this is a fun, happy collection…perfect for gifting.