The start of Festival Season is right around the corner. Whether you’re heading to Coachella, one of the biggest festivals, or staying somewhere closer, channel your inner boho babe with these beauty essentials.
1. One consideration for festival makeup is that it needs to be able to withstand the heat, as well as be long-wearing. The new Puma X Maybelline Collection does just that. This collection features multi-use products that are made to go the distance. Pick up the Matte + Metallic Eyeshadow Duo Stick, which is waterproof and wears up to 24 hours, the Chrome Highlighter in Knockout, and the Smudge-Resistant Mascara to keep your makeup game strong. Finish your look with the SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick in Epic.
2. First Aid Beauty is out with three new makeup primers; the Hello Fab Pores Be Gone Matte Primer is excellent, and helps control oiliness, blur the appearance of pores and grip makeup for long wear.
3. Lime Crime is out with new Matte Softwear Blush, in a long-lasting cream to powder, weightless formula. I like that you can build or layer colors, and there is no sticky feeling. For a radiant glow, I love the Hyperlink Pink shade.
4. Nails are a great way to add some bling; the butter London Glazen Nail Lacquer in Mermaid adds a sparkly finish to your outfit.
5. You can’t hit up a festival without wearing some glitter. I love the new Tarte Treasure Pot Glitter Gel, in moon and star shapes. It’s a fun accent!
6. Attending a summer festival or concert generally means hours in the sun. You need sunscreen, and what could be prettier than Sol de Janeiro’s new Bum Bum Sol Oil SPF 30? It has shimmer, and that amazing Cheirosa ’62 fragrance, making it a must-have for fun in the sun.
7. Between sun, sweat, dry shampoo and glitter, hair is under stress post-festival. New Kerastase Blond Absolu Masque Ultraviolet is an ultra-intensive treatment mask that contains purple pigments for anti-brass and anti-yellowing action, plus the rich ultraviolet cream penetrates hair fiber to restore radiance and shine. The Elixir Ultime Mask is a great recovery mask for all hair types/colors.
8. To set your makeup, I always recommend Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray. This setting spray really goes the distance and helps insure your makeup lasts as long as the party does.
While we’re at it, let’s not forget the accessories. The new Sincerely Jules x Scunci Collection at Target has the cutest headwraps, barrettes and hair accessories, all priced under $10!
Will you be heading out to any music festivals this season? I’ve got more suggestions for heat-resistant makeup here!