Summer hair….we want it to be easy, simple, no fuss. From sun exposure to pollution, hair can be left fragile and damaged. I’ve got the 411 on some of the newest hair products to keep hair looking great this summer!
The best thing you can do for your hair in the summer is protect it from the heat and elements. That’s where the new Kérastase Soleil Collection comes in. The products are formulated to penetrate deeply to deliver nutrients that protect hair and leave it shiny, healthy and smelling divine. I never hesitate to recommend Kérastase treatments; they’re excellent. The Soleil Collection includes:
- Soleil Crème UV Sublime: Counteracts dryness and breakage and protects against external environmental aggressors. Excellent for frizz control.
- Soleil Bain Après-Soleil Shampoo: This cool gel removes residual salt, chlorine and sand while deeply hydrating the hair fiber, protecting against the sun and restoring smoothness.
- Soleil Masque Après-Soleil: Kérastase masques are legendary; this intensive hydrating mask is great for sun-exposed hair. This after-sun masque nourishes the hair fiber and has anti-oxidizing properties to revitalize hair that’s been exposed to the elements.
- Soleil Huile Sirene: a bi-phase formula consisting of a texturizing spray and a hair oil. Softens curls and doubles as a nourishing treatment for protecting hair against humidity.
If your hair and scalp is exposed to pollution, or product buildup, you can experience weakened hair, premature hair loss and dull hair. I’ve used the Klorane Anti-Pollution range interchangeably and really like it. I really like how fresh my hair and scalp feels; plus, hair odors are neutralized up to 6 hours. There is a light, minty scent.
- The Purifying Mist with Aquatic Mint is a great on-the-go refresher that purifies hair and scalp odors. It also tames frizz; perfect for summer humidity.
- The Detox Shampoo and Conditioner detoxifies and purifies the scalp while preserving it’s natural balance or stripping the hair. With all the products I try and use, build up can be an issue. But the Detox Shampoo effectively removes that, without stripping the hair or leaving it dry/unmanageable.
- Try all three products, perfectly sized for travel or gym bag in the Aquatic Mint Detoxifying Trial Kit!
Volume is always an issue with my hair…I’m constantly on the lookout for a good volumizing shampoo and conditioner. I’ve found it with The Uplifting One Shampoo and The Uplifting One Conditioner by Frédéric Fekkai. Formulated with South Sea Blue Seaweed Extract, the line helps provide uplifting volume and thickness. I really have seen a difference in my hair; it feels thicker and fuller, and I love the shine. The best part is that the formula doesn’t weigh my hair down. All hair types can use The Uplifting One products; there are no sulfates or parabens. And I love the light, fresh fragrance. Definitely would re-buy!
If you have blond hair, you’ll be interested in the new OKARA BLOND radiance ritual products from Rene Furterer. The OKARA BLOND products include a Brightening Shampoo, Brightening Conditioner and Brightening Spray, this line addresses the specific needs of natural, highlighted or bleached blond hair. Formulated at the optimum pH and without silicones, parabens, hydrogen peroxide, these are the products that will repair, restore radiance, and illuminate all shades of blonde hair. The OKARA BLOND Brightening Spray is a must-have; this bi-phase spray is infused with okara extract, mica glitter, and vitamins to lighten blond hair naturally, for a sun-kissed effect.
Don’t forget one of the most important hair protection musts for summer…the perfect hat! A wide brimmed hat offers good sun protection. My favorite hat is the one I bought from Hats by Olivia; the hats can be personalized with a favorite saying, or name. Super cute!
Disclosure: Press samples were provided by the brand/PR for editorial consideration, product testing, photography and review. Affiliate links have been used in the post, which means a small commission is earned when you purchase through the site.